Thanthai Periyar Government Arts & Science College
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Periyar E.V.R College (Autonomous),Tiruchirappalli-620023 was established on 21.07.2006 as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has become a part of our College and works towards realising the goals of quality enhancement and promoting academic excellence of the Institution.
The IQAC of the Periyar E.V.R. College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli-620023 facilitates the attainment of the following objectives.
- To focus on the functioning of the Institution towards quality enhancement to attain International Standard.
- To coordinate and integrate the various activities of the College for creating a healthy academic atmosphere.
- To create a conducive atmosphere for facilitating a healthy decision making process in the institution.
- To facilitate a need based curriculum to enhance the quality of the students.
- To coordinate the various curricular and extra-curricular activities to build confidence among the students.
- To establish smart classrooms in all the departments.
- To review and assess the internal quality of the Institution.
- To facilitate soft skills training to the students, including communication skills for making them employable.
- To implement the guidelines of the UGC, TANSCHE and Bharathidasan University, regarding all the academic affairs.
Formulating organizational structure of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell.
Significant Activities :
- Coordinating with all the departments and college administration for the quality enhancement in all the academic activities.
- Periodical meetings held with the IQAC representatives regarding data compilation.
- Performance Analysis and Evaluation from feedback.
Other Activities :
- Preparation of Academic Action Plan for a three year period from the year in which a new syllabus is introduced in the Institution.
- Advice to revise syllabi to fulfil the needs of the time.
- Advice to provide the infrastructural developmental plan, including new modern teaching aids.
- Suggestion for the introduction of a new system of academic auditing with the help of external experts.
- Proposal to enhance the teaching-learning process through ICT.
- Recommendation to promote research activities of the faculty members and the research scholars.
- Advice to promote more employment opportunity to the students through the college placement cell.
- Directions to introduce new methods of evaluation, including Group Discussion and Group Project.
- Proposal to strengthen the tutorial system.
- Direction given to introduce new mechanisms for feedback system.
- Confidence building activities among the students through orientation, Club activities and other programmes.
- Recommendation to coordinate with academic Institutions, Industries and other
- Agencies for promoting research activities.
- Advice to generate more funds to promote research activities and infrastructural facilities.
- Providing participatory strategy of the planned programme to remove the deficiencies and to enhance quality of the Institution.
- Documentation of the details of the various programmes and activities of the Institution through IQAC Cell.
- Submission of periodical reports of the IQAC.